Thursday, September 4, 2008

GE and NBC and MSNBC

K.R. has sent the following letter to GE's Chairman and CEO:

The corruption that GE may prefer to ignore but nonetheless houses has caused me to sell the shares of the company's stock that I previously have held personally and in trusts for which I am responsible.

I of course am referring to the blatant dishonesty that your broadcast and cable networks routinely display in their "news" reporting.

As a senior corporate business attorney and executive, I have learned that corruption cannot be confined. If tolerated anywhere in an organization it inevitably will spread throughout and ruin the entire enterprise. Accordingly, I think General Electric eventually will prove to be a poor investment -- a dismal outlook for investors like me who in the past have benefited handsomely from long term ownership of the company.

No comments: