Sunday, March 29, 2009

Book Recommendations

Have just finished reading a truly delightful book that I can and do recommend to one and all. It is entitled If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name, by Heather Lende. It is about life (and death) in a small town, Haines, in Southeast Alaska. I am a voracious reader and this is one of the best things I've read in a good many years. It is just superb and leaves one feeling very good. Enjoyed it so much that I for the first time ever wrote a letter of appreciation to the author even though I disagree with her on quite a few things.

Anyone seriously interested in understanding who really ran our economy off a cliff, how they did it, and where they now are taking us should get a copy of, and carefully read Meltdown by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

No comments: