Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Gift of Time from the NFL

Seven to fifteen extra hours that I can use productively every week during the football season have been bestowed upon me by the National Football League.

That is the time that I usually devoted to watching two to four (supposedly one hour) football games on television and/or to personally going to one in San Francisco or Oakland.

However, I no longer am doing that. Because the League surrendered to, and became complicit in the dishonest campaign -- a campaign based entirely on lies -- to vilify Rush Limbaugh, I no longer will have anything to do with it. Instead, I will satisfy my interest in football by watching on television and in person the younger semi-pro contests at the college level, most of which are at least as much fun as the professional ones.

Stating that I am not going to have anything more to do with the NFL is not quite correct. I will be letting the league, the owners of its teams, its television and radio broadcasters as well as the enterprises that advertise on and support the broadcasts that I will be avoiding them because of their participation in the past week's shameful episode.

Anybody out there joining me in this?

No comments: