Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Death of Antonio West



You won't recognize me.  My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child sitting in a stroller who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who also was shot.


Because Georgia law does not allow the execution of killers under the age of 18, neither the one who was 17 (like Trayvon Martin) nor his 15-year-old buddy  will face the death penalty . . . too bad.  I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.



My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a hate crime.  Nobody is looking into whether my civil rights were violated by my killers.  Nor has President Obama taken so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.


I am one of the youngest murder victims in our nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me -- so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care. My story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there were he would be declared racist.  So there is no one rushing to Brunswick. Georgia, to demand justice for me.  There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and, unlike those who shot me in the face while I innocently sat in my stroller, I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Trayvon, please remember to seek justice for me too.  Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon. 

Thank you. 

News reports on the above-described atrocity can be accessed by googling the name Antonio West.


For examples of just three of the many other mostly unreported black-on-white atrocities, take a look at this report and/or this one, which is relatively minor, especially as compared to this horrific one.

1 comment:

Hilda said...

This is fantastic!