Monday, December 8, 2008

The New Economy

I heard that Goldman Sachs will buy Citi Bank and will be known as "Sachs in the Citi"

Crying doesn't do any good, so you may as well laugh . . .

1. Q: What is the one thing Wall Street and the Olympics have in common?
A: Synchronized diving.

2. I went to buy a toaster and it came with a bank.

3. Overheard in a city bar: 'This credit crunch is worse than a divorce. I've lost half my net worth and still have a wife.'

4. What's the capital of Iceland? About $3.50.

5. Q: What is the difference between an investment banker and a pigeon?
A: A pigeon can still make a deposit on a BMW.

6. Q: What is the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza?
A: The pizza can still feed a family of four.

7. Q: What's the definition of optimism?
A: An investment banker who irons 5 shirts on a Sunday night.

8. "I tried to make a withdrawal from an ATM and the machine said 'Insufficient Funds'. I wasn't sure if it meant for me or the bank."

9. "I lent my friend $20 last week and, according to the market, I qualify as the country's fourth largest lender."

10. Broker to Client: "I've got good news - you'll be paying 40% less in fees for the foreseeable future!"

11. I wrote a check for $100 to my friend but he never got it; the check was good -- the bank bounced.

12. The crisis is so bad, bank ATMs now have slot machines

No comments: