Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Watch Out and Keep Your Powder Dry

As gun sales have been shooting up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."


As an astute observer once said, one can tell when a politician is lying because he is moving his lips. So watch what he actually does rather than listening to what he says. And Mr. Obama has nominated Eric Holder, who has a long record of avidly and fervently opposing gun rights, to serve as his attorney general. What are we supposed to expect from a Justice Department headed by someone who doesn't believe in the Second Amendment?

No comments: