Friday, August 26, 2011

Rethinking Political Positions

Although I recognized from his first appearance on the nation's political scene that the former junior senator from Illinois lacked a single qualification for the presidency, I never envisioned how destructive he actually would be as the nation's first ideologically programmed robotic president.


He has compelled me to reconsider and abandon my resolve to never again vote for a political candidate as the lesser of two evils. As things stand, Attila would get my vote were the Hun to be reincarnated and emerge as the only viable opposition to the 2012 reelection effort of the failed current occupant of the oval office.


Happily though, Rick Perry has emerged from Texas as a viable presidential candidate who has caused me to abandon another earlier position -- my previously expressed hesitancy about politicians from Texas. Mr. Perry to date has been giving every indication of being a real human being, an individual FOR whom I can cast a positive vote. 


It is a hopeful sign and heartening that Mr. Perry is being subjected to exactly the same sanctimonious ruling class slings and arrows that they a few decades ago directed at Ronald Reagan.


These attacks signal two things: First, that the Texas governor might actually be able to continue the restoration of our country that Reagan began, and second, that he has the nation's elitists -- who assume superiority to, and inherent entitlement to rule the rest of us -- shaking in their tasseled loafers.


That this is so is demonstrated by his having said the following to Laura Ingraham:


I am not an establishment figure, never have been and frankly I don’t want to be. I dislike Washington; I think it’s a seedy place. Our country is in trouble and I don’t have the privilege to sit on the sideline and watch our country be destroyed economically by a president who has been conducting an experiment on the American economy for the last two and half years.  


In addition he has been endorsed by one of his former political adversaries, the most famous Jewish cowboy in Texas, in this wonderful Kinky column.    

No comments: